“The doctor of the future will give no medication, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.” Thomas Edison
Why is this important?
- Many ancient cultures used preventative medicine:
- The three main types of alternative medicines are:
- Homeopathy: The concept of ‘like cures like’
- Phytotherapy: Using herbs as medicine
- Anthroposophy: Understanding that the spirit plays a role in health
- Health care costs are much lower:
- In 2009, the journal Homeopathy showed asthma patients reduced their costs by 71.1% when using natural medicines. Cost-benefit evaluation of homeopathic versus conventional therapy in respiratory diseases – PubMed (nih.gov)
- In an Italian study, other respiratory illness saved approx 49.8% when opting for ‘natural’ vs.
- Health Economics Review in 2015 showed a 20% savings in all cases when using homeopathy Economic impact of homeopathic practice in general medicine in France | Health Economics Review | Full Text (biomedcentral.com)
Americans invest more healthcare dollars than any other nation, however,
- The United States ranks 34th when compared to countries worldwide, and
- life expectancy in The United States is 46th.
These are some staggering statistics. We need to continue to make our health care preferences known. The prevalent system we now have is sorely lacking,
Until next time,