Knowledge is Power
I always find it interesting when I find out that things that are ‘public knowledge’ or ‘conventional wisdom’ prove to be untrue. For example, we hear in the news that there is this ‘separation of church and state’ which prevents our students and teachers from expressing their faith in the public school buildings. We hear in the news about the law suites brought against Christian students when they are ‘guilty’ of sharing their faith in the public arena. I have always thought that one’s ‘right to free speech’ was not limited, and therefore, at any place or time, Christian students and teachers could express their opinions.
I read this bit of news this morning: Here are seven guidelines handed down by the Department of Education regarding the expressions of faith in our public school systems:
- Students can pray, talk about their faith and read their Bibles during school time.
- Students can organize prayer or Bible groups with fellow students and announce those meetings.
- Students can express their faith in their class work and in their homework.
- Teachers and school administrative personnel can organize prayer groups with their colleagues.
- Students may go off campus for Bible studies during school hours, if approved in advance.
- Students can express their faith at school events.
- Students can express their faith at graduation ceremonies.
These guidelines have been approved by the Department of Education, in Washington, D.C. The Director, Brenda Girton-Mitchell agreed that more needs to be done to ensure the public is aware of these guidelines. I am pleased to share the Department of Education’s guidelines with you. Thank you to Believers Stand United for sharing this information with me. For further information, please visit: http://www.believersstandunited.com
Until next time,
[…] Informations on that Topic: pollyheilmealey.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/knowledge-is-power/ […]
[…] There you will find 93717 more Infos: pollyheilmealey.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/knowledge-is-power/ […]
[…] Read More here: pollyheilmealey.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/knowledge-is-power/ […]