If you are bothered by Tinnitus, or ringing in the ears, there is help for you.
In a new study, published in the Journal of Personalized Medicine, 100 participants were given a variety of treatments. Some were given only a drug or an herb. Others were given a combination of herbs and low level laser light therapy. The study showed that participants experienced lasting results observed 15 days after they had received their therapy. The study lasted for 4 weeks.
No one knows what causes this ringing, whooshing, hissing sound inside the ears. There is no known drug therapies that are approved in the United States or in Europe. However, some doctors think that it is a microcirculation issue. Other doctors think that it occurs because of damage to the inner ear via drugs or injections. Other chronic conditions can lead to tinnitus: heavy metal toxicity, diabetes, autoimmune conditions to name some.
Laser light therapy can be red light that you can see or it can be infrared light that you cannot see. It is surmised that the energy of the light causes more oxygen to be produced inside the ear which can stimulate mitochondrial function.
What herbs can help?
- Gushen Pian- This is a Chinese blend of four different herbs that had an overall effectiveness rte of 89.2%.
- Ginko Biloba, also a chinese herb, showed benefit through vasodilatations. This herb may improve microcirculation and protect against toxicity in the ear (ototoxicity).
- Korean Red Ginseng has been shown to improve cochlear damage while protecting against damage caused by medicines.
- Zinc is a nutrient deficiency found in approximately 31% of patients with tinnitus.
- Melatonin—showed decrease of inner ear sounds after treatment for 30 days.
- Diet—is essential for health. Studies have shown that B12 and Vitamin D also can affect hearing.
Until next time,