I am a fan of tea. I don’t drink it much these days as I live in south Texas where it is hotter that hot for most of the year. But when I lived in Scotland and England, I loved the rich dark English Breakfast Tea. I like mine black with a bit of sugar. I have had green tea before, but the milder taste did not give me the same satisfaction. However, I read an article a few weeks ago that gave a tremendous amount of information about the health benefits of green tea, and this information is giving me food for thought. Maybe you need to think about these things too:
- Just consuming five cups of green tea daily reduces the risks of dying from all causes.
- Green tea has a tremendous affect on many cancers. It can prevent the tumors from growing. It can stop the progression of the tumors.
- A component of green tea, Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) which is a polyphenol can cause tumor regression.
- This component can enhance the effectiveness of some cancer drugs by making them work more effectively.
- Additionally, the polyphenols in green tea contain excellent antioxidant activity, which makes the immune system function at a higher level.
- A diet high in antioxidants also helps guard against the ravages of aging.
How many of you agree that this is a beverage that we need to incorporate into our diets?
Until next time,