The health benefits of lemon oil can be attributed to its stimulating, calming, carminative, anti-infection, astringent, detoxifying, antiseptic, disinfectant, sleep inducing, and antifungal properties. These benefits of lemon oil include its ability to treat stress disorders, fever, infections, asthma, over weight, insomnia, skin disorders, hair disorders, stomach problems and tiredness.
Lemon is one of the most popular citrus fruits in the world and is used for culinary purposes as it is a good source of vitamin and helps in digestion. It also provides a good taste and aroma to food. Further lemon juice is one of the most popular drinks in the world as it is very healthy, tasty, and low cost.
Health benefits of lemon oil include the following:
- Stress: Lemon oil is calming in nature and therefore helps in removing mental fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness and nervous tension. It has to ability to refresh the mind by creating a positive mind-frame and removing negative emotions. It is also believed that inhaling lemon oil helps in increasing concentration and alertness. It can therefore be used as a room freshener in offices to increase the efficiency of the employees.
- Insomnia: Usage of lemon oil ensures good sleep and helps those suffering from insomnia.
- Immune System: Lemon oil has high vitamin content and therefore it helps in increasing the immunity of the body. It further stimulated White Blood Cells and thus increases your ability to fight diseases. Lemon oil also improves the circulation in the body.
- Fever: Lemon oil is effective against infectious diseases such as fever, malaria and typhoid.
- Stomach Disorders: Since lemon oil is carminative, it is used in treating various stomach problems including indigestion, acidity, stomach upsets, cramps, etc.
- Weight Loss: Lemon juice is very helpful in reducing weight.
- Asthma: It is believed that lemon is also useful for treating asthma.
- Hair Care: Lemon oil is also effective as a hair tonic. Many people use lemon oil to get strong, healthy and shinning hair. Lemon oil is also used for removing dandruff from head.
- Skin Care: Lemon oil is a good remedy for the increasing the luster of dull skin. It is astringent and detoxifying in nature, and rejuvenates dull skin. Its antiseptic properties help in treating pimples and various skin disorders. Lemon is also recommended for oily skin.
Other benefits of lemon include the following:
- Cleaners: Lemon is a good cleaner; therefore it is used for cleansing the body, metal surfaces, etc. It is also a disinfectant and hence it is used for cleaning surfaces such as butcher’s knife and block that can get contaminated easily.
- Soaps and Cosmetics: Lemon juice and lemon essential oil is used in soaps, face wash and many personal care and skin care cosmetics due to its antiseptic nature.
- Perfumes: Lemon oil has a distinct refreshing aroma which makes it a good ingredient for perfumes. Many scented candles contain lemon oil. It is also used in potpourris.
- Drinks: Lemon oil is used in various artificial drinks concentrates to give them the taste of lemon juice.