All of us are being inundated with information concerning Covid19. Whether it is social media or local/national news, there is information overload. I don’t know where you are, but most people fluctuate between panic and nonchalance. Personally, I find it hard to know what is factual and what is conspiracy theory.
What I do know is that if I keep my immune system strong, then I don’t have to worry about catching a virus or other contagious illness. Because I know that a strong immune system is critical in maintaining good health, I do the following things
- Practice Self-Care: Self care is keeping your lifestyle free from toxic thoughts emotions, and relationships. If you are not good to yourself, you will be of no use to others.
- Pray/meditate: Centering yourself with good thoughts and a positive mindset will go far to protect your immune system from chaos and drama. Not trying to be simplistic, but we know from quantum physics that what we think about and focus on become our reality.
- Eat a clean diet: This means no processed or denatured foods. To put it another way, you want to eat foods that arrive at your table in the same form they are found in nature. You will want to cook the foods at the minimum temperature possible to conserve nutrients. No microwaving.
- Beef up your vitamin intake. Most adults should already be taking a multi mineral/vitamin. The reason for this is that our food is not nutrient dense. No matter how good and organic our food is, it does not contain enough of the essential nutrients to sustain good health.
- Vitamin C is a well-known immune system strengthener. A good maintenance dose is 1000 mg daily. However, in a crisis situation, you may need 5,000-10,000 mg daily. A quick Google search will show many confirming research studies. https://www.google.com/search?q=latest+research+on+vitamin+c&rlz=1C1AVFC_enUS801US801&oq=research+on+vitamin+c&aqs=chrome.4.69i57j0l7.22623j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
- Vitamin D3: This vitamin is essential in maintaining a healthy immune system. Many people falsely believe that exposure to the sun is all that is necessary for adequate levels. In my practice, I always ask for Vitamin D3 levels on a blood draw. About 2% of my patients show enough of this vitamin, 60-80 ng/dl.
- Consider adding organic herbal tinctures that have historic been used to fight viral loads
- Wild Oregano Oil (not essential oil) is a supplement that contains carvacrol. Carvacrol has been shown to have antiviral/antibiotic properties. It is one of the first things I reach for if I feel that something is not quite right with my body.
- Olive Leaf is another herb that has been historically used to strengthen immunity
- Lapacho is an herb obtained from the bark of the pau d’arco tree. You can usually find this immune strengthening herb in a tincture or a tea.
- Echinacea is a well-known herb for the immune system.
- Silver with nanotechnology: Silver has a long history and several US Patents attesting to its antimicrobial properties. https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1AVFC_enUS801US801&sxsrf=ALeKk01EsH021SUmxhHXTfNT6lhmv8octw%3A1586210529598&ei=4aaLXoqXJNCQggf_t62YBQ&q=patents+on+medicinal+silver&oq=patents+on+medicinal+silver&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoECCMQJzoHCCMQsAIQJ0oMCBcSCDExLTg1Zzg2SgoIGBIGMTEtNGc4UOAsWN5JYL5naAFwAHgBgAHsAYgB5QmSAQYxMC4yLjGYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjKi5_Z5tToAhVQiOAKHf9bC1MQ4dUDCAw&uact=5
Personally, I practice 1-3 daily. Of course, I do not take all of these supplements at the same time. I feel what my body needs and then select appropriately. The list is not exhaustive and does not address a multitude of concerns/symptoms that may be present.
If this approach appeals to you, I would encourage you to reach out to me for further information.
Until next time,